I am going to teach you how to be able to transfer things to and from your xbox using simply a USB or Transfer Cable using a memory card. This tutorial is centered around a USB since most probably have one
First things you will need
1. a portable memory storage. If you can connect your harddrive to your computer, then you are good. Otherwise you need a USB )2GB minimum reccomended) or a Transfer cable compatible with a 360 memory card
2. Download this program: http://www.mediafire.com/?en86e86d8gm6ael
this program is able to read the 360 data on a USB
Note: this may only allow your USB to be used as a memory unit so be prepared to lose it. im not sure
1. turn on your 360 and enter the empty USB drive into the 360.
2. Go to My Xbox>System Settings>Memory. Select your USB and configure it. It may say you cant play games and yatta yatta or whatever. its fine. let it finish
3. transfer a file from your memory units/hardrive onto the new USB memory unit.
4. Plug the USB into the computer and open the program from earlier. select open and open the drive. Tere will be tow partitions. LEAVE THE FIRST ONE ALONE. Click through the Data Partition/Partition 1. remember to leave Cache/Partition 0 alone.
Let me explain the file structure. you'll see a conent folder under the Data/Partition 1 folder called Content. open that and there will be more folders.
Folder 000000(many zeros) is the downloads will be at. this is the place where themes will go later. I am not sure really on if folders are different per profile or not but lets just say they are to be safe. so its recommend you download a theme from the marketplace and transfer it over to the USB. it should create a folder with some numbers. keep looking until you find the name of the theme and you will have found the theme folders. I believe mine was 41570D1>0003000. if you are using a program to view a memory card like MODIO, it will say something like (skins)
The second folder under Content will be a number. this is your profile ID. keep it to yourself now. this is where the gamesave folders are. while using USB explorer you cant tell which game is which. but they appear in the order they were saved onto the device. easiest way is to delete what you dont need so you know for sure.
5. draw files into the correct folders on the drive. for themes, drop all themes into the folder with other themes. always keep 1 theme on the device so you know where they go. as for save files, open the folder for the correct game and add the save file.
NOTE: yes it you can easily share gamesaves with friends. However you need a program to rehash/resign the save to their profile and I wont get into that right now. for now just use it so you can store your saves. Some games have heavier protection, but you only need to rehash your own saves if you edited them lol. I wont get too much into it now. but it simple if you use Modio or 360 revolution to open saves and rehash them. if downloading a gamesave or using a friend's you need to know your IDs, so write them down or store them using the program. If doing it for a friend you must know their IDs to has. like I said. look this up yourself if you wanna edit gamesaves.
Since I made this mainly for themes here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g30t03b6ppawq88
this is a YIBR theme i made for use on the 360. drag it to the THEME folder and copy it to the hardrive or internal memory unit and done!
you can go to various sites and find themes yourself. though non modded 360s can only use normal/image only themes