Wow. I'm in Texas for a weekend and I miss all this awesome? I'll be honest, I just stopped reading shit at one point and just started skimming.
- Nosebleed, you're always walking a fine line between saying something to get banned and saying something that makes 100% perfect sense. I agree with Andy's sentiments, don't become an OtakuDad, and what I mean by that is simply to keep all personal insults and forum vigilante flaming justice to yourself and make the valid point you're trying to make. Don't fall into the trap of tearing someone a new asshole just because they are indeed wrong in every possible way. Make your points, prove them wrong, and then get the fuck out of dodge. If there's one thing mods/admins doing it's banning somebody that they agree with.
- Max, sometimes you just have to admit defeat. If you're trying to explain where you're coming from, that's one thing, it's another thing to keep arguing against something when you just end up digging yourself a larger hole. Trust me, this comes from personal experience, there have been MANY wall of text posts I've regretted making and they haven't won me any friends. If you let yourself get angry on the Internet and then start defaulting to insults and/or just making fun of yourself and general freaking out and having a tantrum, it's going to make you look like more of a joke. Just don't fucking post. DON'T POST. BACK AWAY. STEP AWAY FROM THE INTERNET AND GO RIDE A BIKE OR A JOG OR SOME SHIT.
The main topic, having not watched the video since I'm at work, but having read a majority of the posts written my beliefs are pretty simple:
* Sony Fans are resilient as hell. They just won't admit defeat or fault. It's impressive and sad.
* I think Playstation Plus members should be given refunds if they haven't already. I think everyone should also be given a Playstation Plus membership for whatever length of time PSN continues to remain down, or at least like a 10 or 20 dollar credit on the PSN store. Some small something or other would be nice, but not necessary.
* Nobody should really be owed anything, except perhaps for people who are paying subscription fees and other shit and aren't able to use their stuff. I know Microsoft gives out free x-box live or other shit anytime their service is down for an extended period of time.
* I'm not sure who to believe anymore about security situations, there are too many rumors being toted as facts. If Sony had shit security, it's their fault. If they got hacked just 'cuz, well... fuck it, not their fault then, shit happens.
Any fanboy is resilient as hell. Its like FF6 and 7 fanboys and their eternal war. No side ever backs down
And Sony is doing the same thing Xbox does. They are giving out a free month of PsPlus in an addition to free days equal to the amount of days the PSN was down. They are also giving out free downloads on some games. Also if you wish to seek it, you can apply for a free ID Protection or whatever it was. I know some people say this is not enough, but lots better than doing nothing